Tuesday, October 20, 2009

An interesting book.....Changed by a Child

31 For 21 Challenge: Day 20

I have always been an avid reader. Things did not change when I found out that I was pregnant with Wysdom and that he had Down syndrome. I devoured books. One of the books that I am reading now is called Changed by a Child by Barbara Gill. My blog is acting all wonky so for whatever reason I can't post the link.

This book is great because it is filled with short one page stories and inspirations. Each comes with a quote at the start from an author or a family with a special needs child. It is not exclusively written by parents with children with Down syndrome; however the author does have a child with down syndrome. I like it because for us busy moms we can flip through and read a short story at a time when it gets really hectic.

2 comments:

Kim Rees said...

Thanks for sharing that Sasha. I will have to check that one out.

Mary said...

I'll have to check it out. I'm always looking for good books.